Monday, September 29, 2008

20-something wine drinkers - we're out there!

Not only are we out there, we have a pallet for wine and in many cases, the money.

Greetings all. I am a 20-something wine drinker. I'm not really a snob, but it got your attention right?

Here's a quick 10 facts about me to get this blog started right.

1. I am 23 years old.
2. I like wine.
3. I drink wine regularly.
4. I like good wine.
5. I age good wine.
6. I am a woman who likes big, bold, spicy, earthy, wines. (I'll get into those bias later)
7. I am sarcastic, cynical, and a bit bitter.
8. I'm mostly bitter because when I go wine tasting I am looked down on and ignored because of my age and maybe even because of my sex.
9. I live in Oregon and have been drinking Oregon Pinot Noir for 5 years. (ignore that I'm 23)
10. I don't believe that age has anything to do with drinking wine. I work in the industry and see 25 year olds spend $2,000 on wine without blinking and have 45 year olds freak out about the price of a tasting fee. I meet middle aged people going wine tasting for the first time, while myself and other 20-something colleagues have years of experience AND education.

I hope to share my experiences in wine drinking, tasting, and share my opinions about the industry as a whole. I too have an opinion on corking and closures. I also want to share the info I have on different regions and details I find interesting.

Please be sure to read my blog with a grain of salt. I am not really a bitter person, just a sarcastic one. I'm told sometimes it is taken other than how I mean it.

One goal I have is to expose the public to the great wineries of Oregon, but more important than that I hope to encourage wineries to focus on creating memorable experience for their guests.

Being I live in Oregon wine country and go tasting a lot, I want to share my tasting notes and what I feel about each place I travel to. I have a background in agriculture, so it's important to me to see the beauty of the vineyards. They are lovely even in the dead of winter. I hope to post pics too.

I hope you'll check back often to see what's new in Oregon. As it's almost harvest time, I want to get out in some vineyards and snap some shots of grapes for sure.


Cheers!


Wineries I will blog about soon:
I will be evaluating my most recent tasting outings at Cooper Mountain, David Hill, Purple Cow, Domaine Droughin, Domaine Serene, White Rose, Archery Summit, & Kramer Vineyards.