Sunday, November 16, 2008

We just got a wine fridge!!!

Well, I haven't blogged about my everyday life so you'd have no clue that I just got a new apartment. As my fiance and I gear up for marrying and moving all of our crappola out of our parents for the last time we discovered we have more wine than we knew.

You know how you buy a bottle or two here and there and don't drink them right away because you have others? Well, 2 years later you'll have 8+ cases of wine, some of them needing more care than you planned on. We kept most of our wine in his parent's basement, it's always around 60 degrees and the perfect humidity all year round, a great place, and free. But now that we have to move into an apartment, it was time to get, bum bum bum... a wine fridge.

It fits only 30 bottles, but we found a way to squeeze a few more in there. It's packed full of Oregon Pinots, a few Cabs from our trip to Australia, and several random bottles I must have picked up along the way, but don't recall where. We have a mini fridge that fits 6, but we took out the racks and now it fits 5 ice wines, 2 botrytis wines, 2 pinot ports, 1 pinot port chocolate sauce, (all 350 ml tall bottles) and 2 sparklers.

I am in the market for another one as I want to get more wine into regulated temps before it gets so cold we actually turn on the heat for the season. I just can't believe how much wine I have!!! I should get it all onto cellartracker and let you see what I have, it's disgusting! Fortunately there is plenty of Archery Summit so I know there is plenty that will lay down for several years. I just hope I keep enough $10 and $20 bottles around I don't crack them open before their time!!!

No comments: