Thursday, October 6, 2011

My apologies - Long Time, No Writing

My apologies to anyone who reads my blog, all 6 of you? I have had an insane year+ and my wine cellar has changed dramatically. So here's a quick catch up...

***

We are still members of Purple Cow Vineyards, we love their unique take on wines and ability to find crazy varietals. I no longer work for the winery I was working for when I thought I was a wine snob. I have since learned that it is much more important to drink wine that you love rather than what Bob Parker says is the be all and end all. I don't get much wine from Grocery Outlet but I do poke my nose in every once and a while just to see what's up. I've found a few gems in there, Woodbridge Port and a few Botrytis wines from Australia, but other than that I just get my goat cheese there anymore.

I have started working at another winery. I am the Direct Sales and Hospitality Manager. That means Tasting Room Manager but doesn't it sound pretty? I won't disclose the name of the winery, I'm not bias or anything. Don't get me wrong, I love the wine we serve and it's the reason I don't purchase a whole lot of other wine anymore. But since I am not the best of writers and I can me snarky, I don't want to put the winery I work for in the wrong light.

Hoepfully I will be able to write at least a blog post every month, especially with all of the wine tasting I'm able to do now that I don't work weekends all of the time.

Cheers!